A few weeks ago, I was approached by GPSmycity to see if I wanted to convert some of my travel articles into phone apps. As this was a new concept to me, I did a bit of research and was quite excited by what I found out.
What is GPSmycity?
Basically, GPSmycity app allows you to download city walks and travel articles onto your iOS or Android device for free. You can then upgrade each article to include maps, which are connected to the GPS on your phone. This way, as you read an article, you can track your path around the city and go exactly where the author went. It is basically like having your own personal tour guide!
The benefits of Travel Article apps
- Travel articles and city walks can be downloaded for free and read offline.
- Upgrade for a small fee to have access to offline maps, which are connected to your phone GPS. This means you can download articles before you leave for your trip. Then, when you arrive, you can explore all the sights without having to rely on good internet connection!
- Download articles specific to your interests, something not always possible on an organised tour.
- Learn about the history of famous sights without having to join a large tour group.
- Discover new neighbourhoods or shopping areas like a local.
- Travel article apps are available for cities all over the world. Plus, they fit in your pocket!
My Article Apps
I’m happy to announce the launch of my first two travel article apps:
If you’d like to give it a try, you can upgrade my Sydney, NSW app this week for free! Just click on article link above to download the app on your Smartphone. Then, open up the app and you will be redirected to my article. Let me know what you think!
Note: If you upgrade any of my available articles in the future, I will receive a few cents too, which will help in the upkeep of my blog!