At the end of last year, I received an email from fellow travel blogger Carl, who nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you! Carl writes a highly entertaining and informative blog over at CarlVersusLife.com If you want to read some funny travel stories that make you laugh out loud, check out his blog! These blogging awards are such a great way to increase your blogging network and discover some amazing new writers! I quite like this award, because it is nice and straightforward:
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share the award on your blog
- Share seven random facts about yourself
- Tag 10 bloggers with less than 1,000 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated!
Seven Random Facts about Myself
1. I live and work in Germany! I moved here with my German boyfriend six months ago with no job, no apartment and no language skills. Fast-forward half a year and I’m employed full-time, live in a great apartment and can speak basic German!
2. I love cooking, mainly because I love food – having said that, I also love to be cooked for and, fortunately, I live with my very own personal chef, who makes my favourite homemade gnocchi to order!
3. Last year, I helped build a campervan from scratch. I sewed the curtains, wrestled with a strange L-shaped mattress cover and even sewed patterned covers for the gear sticks! We spent three months living in this self-made home, as we cruised up the east coast of Australia.
4. I play several musical instruments, including the guitar, piano and piano accordion. I can also dabble around on the ukulele, the recorder, the harmonica and various percussion instruments. I once tried to learn the violin, but the sound that came out was so awful that I couldn’t commit to it!
5. I can say “It’s too good to be true” in Italian, German, French and English. This helped me make lots of friends when I was travelling around Europe for the first time!
6. I love being organised- I find great satisfaction in clearing out the cupboards and tidying things up – I’m not a hoarder so, unless it has a place in the cupboard and I know I will use it in the next year, it usually goes to a charity shop. For this reason, I’m usually fairly careful with what I buy. Except travel – I will happily invest plenty of money into a round the world trip!
7. I accidentally seek out thrills when I’m travelling – without planning it, I have zip lined through the jungles of Laos, gone canyoning in the Blue Mountains, sky-dived out of a tiny aeroplane at Mission Beach and travelled by motorbike around Vietnam with a complete stranger! I hate the idea of bungee jumping, but there is a strange little voice in the back of my head and, given the opportunity, I might just find myself diving into the unknown!
A blog about pretty much everything wonderful, including my favourite ‘travel’ topic! She has some great tips on travelling solo!
I always like to mention this lovely blog (which, I must admit, is written by my mother) – she has a huge and fascinating knowledge of gardening – she even knows the history of sunflowers and the medicinal purposes of lavender! If you want to know anything about nature, gardening, travel and home-living, take a look inside this gem.
A truly adventurous traveller who has heaps of great tips for adventuring around Cuba, Mexico City and Havana, amongst other places!
A blog written in both German and English, I was thoroughly inspired by a post on Santorini – I want to jump on a plane and go there right now (tickets have been booked for the near future)!
This blog is full of wonderful adventures – from travelling down the East coast of Australia to experiencing Christmas in England – very inspirational!
Wonderful photos and stories from travels through India – this place is definitely on my bucketlist!
Some amazing travel stories and tips from Jamaica, Europe and the USA – I can’t wait to see more stories in the coming year.
I particularly love how this travel blogger makes lists of where she has been, or where she would like to go…I think I might even add a few of my own lists to my blog this year. Thanks for the inspiration!
This girl writes an amazing blog with heaps of great travel articles, amongst other inspiring material. I particularly love her 100 list – 100 things she wants to accomplish in life.
These two young travellers have been all around Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia – I can’t help but feel they will be expanding into other areas of the world soon! I look forward to following their journey this year!
I’m not sure whether your blogs have less than 1,000 followers but either way, I really enjoy reading your content – creativity and travel makes the world go round! I look forward to reading your interesting facts, as this award travels throughout the blogosphere!