The Summer break has just started and I now have six glorious weeks to backpack around Europe. I’ll be focusing on Eastern Europe this time and look forward to sharing these adventures with you. As a pre-warning, my posts over the coming weeks may be littered with typos and over-enthusiastic drivel, including words like amazing, wonderful, spectacular, awe-inspiring, fascinating, incredible, interesting and so on! I haven’t lived out of my backpack for a whole year now, but I am sure it won’t take too long to readjust. It will be open and spontaneous travel, booking each destination on the go. Here are a few essential items to remember to take along:
- travel towel
- international power adaptor
- travel apps – currency converter, offline maps and google translate
- padlock for luggage
- travel toiletries bag and small-sized containers
- smart phone – put on aeroplane mode to save power
- laptop and journal
- a book
- spare plastic bags for wet towels
- sleep sheet
- flip-flops to wear in the hostel showers
- sense of adventure!
Traveling from a European base is so much easier and cheaper than flying from Australia – definitely going to make the most of this while I’m here. Let’s see where this adventure will lead!