Welcome to 2018! I love starting a brand new year and creating new goals for the future. When we write things down, we somehow resolve to complete them. Those ideas roll into motion and suddenly, opportunities make themselves visible to us. So, even though we don’t always remember our resolutions, it is amazing how much we can achieve in a year! Last year was no exception:
- Make a domain name for my blog [traveladventurediscover.com was born]
- Double blog following to 500 [currently on 586]
- Develop skills as a full-time primary teacher [taught first grade all year]
- Continue to develop my German language skills [practiced Duolingo and participated in Deutsch meet-up groups]
- Explore the South of Germany [Munich, Neuschwanstein Castle, Karlsruhe, Baden-Baden]
- Visit more of Europe [Backpacked around Central Europe]
- Go to Australia for Christmas with the family [still here!]
- Send more letters in the mail [Do packages count? I sent plenty of those!]
Goals for 2018:
- Watch and play more live music
- Get paid travel writing assignments and begin to monetise blog
- Aim to reach 1000 followers
- Explore Portugal and Spain
- Stay active with running, yoga and dancing
- Take German classes to A2 level (and potentially B1).
- Read a book per month.
- Spend another Christmas in Australia with the family.
Above all, let this year be all about learning new things and appreciating every moment! Thank you for your ongoing readership and support – I continue to enjoy this blogging journey every year and can’t wait to see what the future will hold.
Wishing you all a wonderful 2018!